- digipack CD with inside-out print and hotfoil debossing
- booklet with lyrics and info
Since 2008, the art of Árstíđir lífsins breathes Old Norse history on all levels.
"Saga á tveim tungum" is a two-sided story constructed around the later period of the Norwegian king and saint, Óláfr Haraldsson (995-1030). It roughly spans the period of his later power attempts in the years 995-1030. The albums depict the lives of two siblings and their individual experiences during the turbulent times in early eleventh-century Norway. Generally, "Saga á tveim tungum" is without a doubt the most ambitious and complex story told by Árstíđir lífsins to date. Much more based on Skaldic, and, partly, on Eddic poetry than any of the previous albums. Numerous hints towards historical battles and other happenings vividly described in select Kings? sagas and other Old Norse sources are presented, and put in relation to the otherwise fictive main characters of the story.
1. Ek býđ ţik velkominn
2. Bróđir, var ţat ţín hond
3. Sem járnklćr nćtr dragask nćrri
4. Gamalt ríki fađmar ţá grćnu ok svortu hringi lífs ok aldrslita
5. Um nćtr reika skepnr
6. Heiftum skal mána kveđja
7. Er hin gullna stjarna skýjar slóđar rennr rauđ
8. Um nóttu, mér dreymir ţursa ţjóđar sjot brennandi
9. Ek sá halr at Hóars veđri hosvan serk Hrísgrísnis bar
Stefán - Guitars, bass, vocals & choirs
Árni - Drums, string instruments, effects, vocals choirs
Marsél - Storyteller, vocals & choirs